Awesome Oatmeal Cookies
Technically all oatmeal cookies are awesome but this recipe takes it a step further. This batch combines the flavours you love with your choice of dried cranberries, dried fruit pieces, mini-chocolate chips, raisins or chopped nuts and then gets a boost from applesauce. Now if that’s not awesome, we don’t know what is.
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, preferably canola
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup “mix-ins” (dried cranberries, mixed dried fruit pieces, raisins, mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts)
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, egg, oil, applesauce and vanilla on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add combined flours, baking soda and salt; beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in oats and “mix‑ins.”
- Drop dough by level measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until light brown. (Do not overbake. Centres will appear soft.)
- Cool 1 to 2 minutes on cookie sheets; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
We’ve got you covered from breakfast ‘till your favourite evening snack!