Apricot Honey Oatmeal
Update your everyday oatmeal with the decadent addition of apricot, honey and cinnamon. Hearty and flavourful, this recipe makes the morning much, much brighter.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make it:
- In 3 quart saucepan, bring water, apricots, honey, and cinnamon to a boil.
- Stir in oats; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook about 1 minute for quick oats (or 5 minutes for large flake oats) or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Let stand until of desired consistency.
If desired, substitute raisins, dried peaches or pears, dried cranberries or blueberries, dried apples, dates or diced mixed dried fruit for apricots.