Apple Upside-Down Oat Cakes
Wholesome oats with sweet and sticky apples on top! That’s the beauty of our Apple Upside-Down cake. Easy to make, and ready in just under an hour, this dessert is the perfect way to impress guests and family alike. You won’t wait long for the compliments to start flowing.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 cans (4 oz. each) spiced diced apples in light syrup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottoms and sides of 12 medium muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- Drain apples reserving syrup. Spoon 5 to 6 apple pieces in a single layer onto the bottom of each muffin pan cup. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon reserved apple syrup and 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine apple juice, oil and egg; mix well. Add to oat mixture; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake 16 to 19 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Use narrow metal spatula to loosen edges of cakes from sides of muffin cups.
- Place baking sheet on top of pan and invert. Carefully lift off pan. Serve warm.