Apple 'N Cheddar Oatmeal Muffins
You’re an adult with sophisticated taste – which means there are times you just want something you won’t find at the corner coffee shop. Something like our Apple ‘n Cheddar Oatmeal muffins. Kids might like them, but you’re going to love them.
20 - 25 min
- 1-1/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped apple (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup apple juice or skim milk
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with no‑stick cooking spray.
- Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir in apples and cheese.
- Add combined apple juice, egg whites and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.