Charred Avocado and Chicken Nachos
Your backyard BBQ will be a hit with these charred summertime nachos.
- 1/2 bag Tostitos® Hint of Jalapeño tortilla chips
- 2 avocados
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Tex-Mex cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375∞F (180°C).
- Halve avocados and remove pits. Slice red onion into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick rounds; remove peel, leaving rings intact. Brush avocado halves and both sides of onion rings lightly with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Arrange onion rings in single layer in pan; cook for about 2 minutes or until slightly softened and lightly charred on bottom. Using spatula or tongs, flip onions; cook until lightly charred on bottom. Add avocado halves to pan; cook for about 2 minutes or until lightly charred and grill marked.
- Transfer onions and avocado halves to cutting board; let stand until cool enough to handle. Slice onions into bite-size pieces.
- Remove skin from avocados; chop coarsely.
- Arrange Tostitos® Hint of Jalapeño tortilla chips in single layer on baking sheet. Scatter chicken, onions, and avocado evenly over tortilla chips; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm.
Tip: Add grilled jalapeño pepper to spice things up.
Tasty RewardsTM MembersGet my Coupon*
*Get a Tostitos® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last