Tropical Lime Oat Bars
Limes are very underrated considering how helpful they can be. They can add a little colour on the rim of a tropical drink or give a kick to a familiar recipe. Here the taste of lime combines with Quaker and coconut to create a fresh new snack bar.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- One 14-ounce can low-fat sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed, finely grated lime peel (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- One 3-1/2-ounce jar macadamia nuts, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add combined oats, flour and salt; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping; transfer to wire rack. Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In same bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime peel; mix well. Pour evenly over crust.
- In medium bowl, combine reserved oat mixture with coconut and nuts; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over filling, patting gently.
- Bake 30 to 34 minutes or until topping is light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last