These nutmeg-scented raisin treats take under ten minutes to bake and make a thoughtful welcome-to-the-neighbourhood or dinner party gift. They may even make you a new friend.
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375ºF. In large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.