Canadian winters are cold. That’s a fact. But sometimes even the smallest treat can help warm things up. Let our quick and easy Tropical Granola recipe be your ticket out of the chill. With sweet tropical flavours infused right in, this incredibly versatile granola recipe will have you dreaming of sandy beaches and palm trees in no time.
- 3-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1‑1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dried tropical fruit mix
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine oats, almonds and, if desired, crystallized ginger; mix well. In small bowl, combine honey, butter, ground ginger and salt; blend well. Drizzle over oat mixture; mix well. Spread evenly in 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately stir in dried fruit. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Store in tightly covered container.
- Serve with milk as a breakfast cereal, stir into low-fat yogurt, or sprinkle over fresh fruit, ice cream or frozen yogurt.