Oatmeal Squares Snacker-Jax
Love Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal but wondering how you can add a little more into your day? That’s easy. Just whip up a big bowl of these Snacker-Jax. Oatmeal Squares and peanuts baked into a large brittle sheet you crunch up into bite-sized morsels of happiness. It’s the perfect 3:00 o’clock snack that helps bring the smiles back into your day.
- One 16-ounce box Quaker® Oatmeal SquaresTM Cereal
- (regular or cinnamon flavour)
- 1-1/2 cups roasted Spanish peanuts
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
How to make it
- Heat oven to 250°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking pan, combine oatmeal cereal squares and peanuts.
- In small saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Stir well. Boil 2 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Immediately pour over cereal mixture; stir with wooden spoon to evenly coat all pieces with syrup mixture.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Transfer to prepared cookie sheets, spreading mixture into even layer.
- Cool completely. Break into bite-size pieces. Store tightly covered at room temperature.