Chunky Chocolate Oat Cookies
Prepared with Quaker® Oat Flour, these yummy cookies are loaded with lots of dark chocolate chunks and seasoned with sea salt.
- 1 1/4 cups Quaker® Oat Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Large Flake Oats
How to make it
- In a bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in oat flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chocolate and Quaker® Large Flake Oats. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet, about 2-inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until tops are set and golden around edges. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes; transfer directly to rack. Let cool completely. (Can be stored in airtight container for up to 3 days.)