Mini Meatloaf Boats
Food should be wholesome, filling and certainly delicious but it can also be fun. Here’s a recipe that embraces the playfulness of mealtime. Bring a fleet of Mini Meatloaf Boats to the table and watch how fast they sail right off their plates and into their stomachs.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 to 6 teaspoons Mexican seasoning blend
- 3 slices American cheese, halved diagonally
- 6 thin pretzel sticks
- Salsa or ketchup, as desired
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine meatloaf ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal parts. On rack of broiler pan, shape each into 4 x 2-3/4-inch oval loaf. Press the back of a measuring tablespoon into the top of each loaf to form a pocket. (After baking, pocket will hold the salsa.)
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until meatloaves are cooked to medium doneness and centres are no longer pink (160°F). Remove meatloaves from oven. Drain off any juices. Form “sails” by carefully inserting pretzel sticks into cheese. Attach “sails” to meatloaves and fill with salsa.