Fossilized Egg Nest Chewies
Chocolate chips, gummy dinosaur candies, coconut and toffee - oh my. The kids are going to love this. They’ve earned it too by cleaning their rooms or doing their homework. Treat them with the snack that’s almost too good to be homemade. You don’t even have to tell them there’s oatmeal and raisins in there too.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup toffee baking bits
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup yogourt-covered raisins
- 36 Gummi dinosaur candies
- *For large flake oats, add 2 tablespoons additional flour
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined oats, flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in coconut, toffee bits and mini chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Gently press 3 yogourt-covered raisins into top of each cookie.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. (Cookies should be soft in centre.)
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks. Immediately press Gummi dinosaur into top of each cookie. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.