Fruit & Honey Oatmeal Bars
Everyone loves the warm weather, long days and being under the sun. These bars of honey, preserved fruit, oats and crisp rice conjure thoughts of late bountiful summer. Whip up a batch of these bars and share them with those who are craving the taste of summer.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One 6-ounce package diced dried mixed fruit (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, heat honey, margarine, sugar and cinnamon over medium-low heat until margarine is melted, stirring frequently.
- Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in dried fruit, rice cereal and oats until evenly coated.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last