Easy Rum Cheesecake Bars
Rum Cake is always a nice treat after a meal. It’s moist and delicious and yes, it has rum. But even something that good can become even better when it becomes a cheesecake. With just a little cream cheese you’re on your way to making a great dessert even greater.
- One 13 x 9-inch Oatmeal Cookie Crust, unbaked
- Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark or golden rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake crust 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown; cool on wire rack while making filling.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, rum, vanilla, rum extract and salt on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time; beat just until well blended. Mix in sour cream. Pour filling evenly over crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or just until centre is set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate until cold, 4 hours or more. Cut into bars using a sharp, wet knife dipped in cold water (wipe knife clean between each cut).
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator or freeze. Just before serving, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last