Cranberry-Pistachio Oat Bars
Share some home-baked goodness with a batch of Cranberry-Pistachio Oat Bars. This sweet and salty recipe is easy to follow and so good that you may end up sharing them with the ones you love.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Blue Bonnet® 65% vegetable oil spread
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 package (17.4 oz.) cinnamon swirl quick bread and coffee cake mix, divided usage
- 1/4 cup Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried cranberries
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat spread and brown sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add quick bread mix and the clear packet of cinnamon swirl (reserve foil glaze packet for later use), orange juice, egg and vanilla. Beat just until blended.
- Add oats, pistachios and cranberries. Mix at low speed just until combined. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 34 minutes or until edges are golden brown and wooden pick inserted in centre comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Squeeze reserved foil packet from mix about 10 times. Cut tip off one corner of packet; squeeze glaze decoratively over cookies in pan. Cut into squares or bars.