Carrot Cake Oat Flour Muffins
Prepared with Quaker® Oat Flour, these carrot cake muffins are moist, tender and nicely spiced.
- 2 cups Quaker® Oat Flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup 2% milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated carrots, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts, divided
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oat flour, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until blended. Whisk in melted butter and vanilla; whisk into oat flour mixture just until moistened (do not overmix).
- Fold in 1 3/4 cups carrots, 1/2 cup each walnuts and coconut.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining grated carrots, walnuts and coconut.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean.