Chicken Parm à la FLAMIN' HOT®
This chicken Parmesan delivers a nice kick of spicy heat with CHEETOS® Puffs FLAMIN’ HOT® cheese flavoured snacks.
- 6 cups CHEETOS® Puffs FLAMIN’ HOT® Cheese Flavoured Snacks, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup sliced hot pickled peppers (optional)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In food processor, pulse 4 cups CHEETOS® Puffs FLAMIN' HOT® cheese flavoured snacks until finely ground.
- Working with one a time, place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound evenly with meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness; set aside.
- In shallow dish, stir together 1/4 cup ground Puffs and flour. In separate shallow dish, stir together remaining ground Puffs and breadcrumbs. Place eggs in separate shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, then dip in eggs; coat in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken in batches if needed, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to 13- x 9-inch baking dish or parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Stir together tomato sauce and salsa until blended; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with remaining Puffs and basil. Serve with side of hot peppers (if using).
Alternatively, sear chicken in a cast iron pan or large ovenproof skillet; top with sauce and cheese before baking.
Substitute fontina or provolone for mozzarella cheese if preferred.