CHEETOS® Cheesy Meatballs
Classic Italian meets “Dangerously Cheesy”®! These CHEETOS®, beef, pork and veal meatballs are served in a fresh, hearty tomato herb sauce and sprinkled with ricotta cheese.
- 5 1/4 cups Pulverized CHEETOS CRUNCHY® Cheese Flavoured Snacks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound Pancetta, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 6 Onions
- Crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 6 Cloves garlic
- 3 28-ounce cans San Marzano tomatoes, passed through a food mill
- 1/2 pound Ground beef
- 1/2 pound Ground veal
- 1/2 pound Ground pork
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 cup Freshly grated Parmigiano cheese, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Dill pickles, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup Finely chopped chives
How to make it
- Coat a large saucepan with olive oil. Add pancetta bring to medium heat and cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add 4 onions (cut into 1/2 inch dice), 4 garlic cloves (smashed and finely chopped) and a pinch of red pepper. Season generously with salt; cook until the onions are soft, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes along with 2 cups of water. Add up to one more cup for consistency while cooking. Season generously with salt. Cook sauce for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Coat a large sauté pan with olive oil, add 2 onions (cut into 1/4 inch dice), and bring to medium-high heat. Season onions generously with salt and cook until soft.
- Add 2 finely chopped garlic cloves and a pinch of red pepper. Sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, veal, pork, eggs, Parmigiano, parsley and 5 cups pulverized CHEETOS CRUNCHY®. Season with salt. Combine the mixture using your hands.
- Add the onions and about 1/2 cup water. Combine mixture again — it should be wet.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Using damp hands, shape the meat into balls a little larger than a golf ball. Roll each meatball around in 5 cups of pulverized CHEETOS®.
- Deep-fry the meatballs until they are dark brown and very crispy. Place the meatballs on a sheet and into the oven for 10 minutes.
- To Assemble:
- Cook the meatballs in the sauce for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce clings nicely to the meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in a serving dish, spoon sauce over the meatballs. Top with ricotta and diced pickles. Sprinkle with remaining pulverized CHEETOS CRUNCHY® and chives.