Chef Minh Phat Tostitos® Cheese Balls
These cheese balls are the perfect appetizer for any get-together! Creamy and crunchy, they are sure to impress.
- 1 bag of Tostitos® Hint of Spicy Queso flavour tortilla chips
- ⅓ cup of Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso
- ¼ cup bacon
- ½ cup kimchi
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 8 cups vegetable oil for frying
How to make it
- Temper the cream cheese for 1 to 1.5 hours at room temperature so that the cheese is warm to the touch.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, place them in a small frying pan over medium heat and cook the bacon until it is golden brown. Remove the extra fat from the bacon and cool the bacon bits.
- Cut the kimchi in brunoise (smallest pieces possible).
- Mix cream cheese and Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Add the bacon bits and kimchi (cut into small pieces) to your cheese mixture. Add a pinch of salt and a good pinch of black pepper. Mix well.
- Put the mixture in a pastry bag and make small balls about 2'' in diameter on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt.
- Take the bag of Tostitos® Hint of Spicy Queso flavour tortilla chips and, with the help of a rolling pin, crush the chips slightly so they are not too small.
- Take the frozen cheese balls from the freezer and roll them in the flour, then in the egg mixture, and finish in the crushed Tostitos® Hint of Spicy Queso flavour tortilla chips.
- Once you finish this process with the balls, roll them again in the egg mixture and the crushed tortilla chips to ensure that they are all well coated.
- Freeze everything again for 2 hours. It is important to make sure the cheese balls are frozen before frying them.
- Preheat the oil at 300°F and carefully lower the cheese balls into the oil using a slotted spoon. Only place a few cheese balls in the oil at a time or the oil will cool too much.
- Cook the cheese balls in the oil until they are golden brown or for roughly 5 to 6 minutes. Place the cheese balls on top of a napkin to soak up the oil.
- Let the cheese balls cool for a few minutes and then serve them hot with Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso.
Serves 5 - 6 people
Tasty RewardsTM MembersGet my Coupon*
*Get a Tostitos® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last