Very Berry Cake
The day is a whole lot more fun when you dig into our Very Berry Cake recipe. The whole grain oat part gives you an excuse to have cake. And this cake tastes even better than it sounds.
- 1/2 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
- 4 egg whites or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- One carton (8-oz.) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9-inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray or grease lightly.
- For streusel, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- For coffeecake, beat sugar and margarine with electric mixer in large bowl until fluffy. Add egg whites, sour cream and vanilla; mix until smooth. Add combined flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda; mix just until blended. Spread into pan. Spoon preserves over batter; swirl through batter with knife. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over batter. Sprinkle streusel over blueberries.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Serve warm. Store tightly covered at room temperature.