Maple Pecan Oat Flour Pancakes
These buttermilk pancakes made with whole grain Quaker® Oat Flour are a very tasty way to start the day.
- 1 cup Quaker® Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for serving – optional)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 2 tbsp canola oil
How to make it
- In a large bowl, sift together oat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk and maple syrup until blended. Whisk in melted butter; whisk into oat flour mixture until just combined (do not overmix, batter will be slightly lumpy). Fold in half of the pecans. Let batter rest for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat large skillet or griddle over medium heat; brush with some of the oil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Using about 1/3 cup batter per pancake, cook pancakes in batches for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form. Flip pancakes; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Repeat with remaining oil and batter.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans over pancakes; serve with maple syrup.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last