Tangy Buttermilk Cheese Bread
Everything tastes better with cheese. There’s no doubt that the smell of fresh bread is very powerful but fresh cheese bread is a fantastic upgrade. Either as a side dish to a delicious home cooked meal or just as a snack, Tangy Buttermilk Cheese Bread is something you will want to make as often as you can.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons quick-rising yeast
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
How to make it
- Bring all refrigerated ingredients to room temperature by letting them stand on counter about 30 minutes.
- Place yeast in bread machine pan according to directions in manual. In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and salt; mix well. Stir in cheese.
- Place dry ingredients and buttermilk in bread machine pan according to manual. Select white bread and light crust settings. Remove bread from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last