Tangy Buttermilk Cheese Bread
Everything tastes better with cheese. There’s no doubt that the smell of fresh bread is very powerful but fresh cheese bread is a fantastic upgrade. Either as a side dish to a delicious home cooked meal or just as a snack, Tangy Buttermilk Cheese Bread is something you will want to make as often as you can.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons quick-rising yeast
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
How to make it
- Bring all refrigerated ingredients to room temperature by letting them stand on counter about 30 minutes.
- Place yeast in bread machine pan according to directions in manual. In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and salt; mix well. Stir in cheese.
- Place dry ingredients and buttermilk in bread machine pan according to manual. Select white bread and light crust settings. Remove bread from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.