Sweet & Nutty Banana Bread Oatmeal
It’s mid-week and everyone’s slowly getting up. But then someone notices the time. That’s when the crazy starts. Socks are missing, teeth need to be brushed and breakfast needs to be on the table in less than ten minutes. That’s when it’s time to harness the deliciousness of bananas and crunchy goodness of pecans and serve up bowls of banana bread oatmeal. Then sit back and watch just how quickly crazy turns into cozy.
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- Vanilla non-fat yogurt (optional)
- Banana slices (optional)
- Pecan halves (optional)
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, bring milk, brown sugar and spices to a gentle boil (watch carefully); stir in oats. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for large flake oats, or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove oatmeal from heat. Stir in mashed bananas and pecans. Spoon oatmeal into six cereal bowls. Top with yogurt, sliced bananas and pecan halves, if desired.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last