Easter can be as much fun for you as it is for the kids. Painting eggs or hiding chocolate then watching how happy it makes them is all worth it. Make them something a little extra this year like Spring-Into-Easter Cutouts. They’ll enjoy Easter as much as you do.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Assorted small candies or coloured sugars
- Egg glaze*
How to make it
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, oats, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Divide dough in half for easier handling. Cover; chill 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut with floured 2 to 3-inch Easter themed cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets; leave plain or brush with egg glaze.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Decorate the plain cookies with pastel tinted icing and Easter candies. Store tightly covered.