Spicy Oat Crusted Chicken with Sunshine Salsa
You don’t have to be a kid to love chicken fingers. After all, what’s not to love? But that doesn’t mean you can’t mix in some grown-up flavours to spice up the experience. For us, that means adding the zip and zing of chilli powder, garlic and cumin and a side of zesty salsa with real pieces of orange. Hey, if that doesn’t get the kid inside you smiling from ear to ear, nothing will.
- 3/4 cup prepared salsa
- 3/4 cup coarsely-chopped orange sections
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Quaker® Quick Oats, uncooked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves (about 5 to 6 ounces each)
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
How to make it
- In small bowl, combine salsa and orange sections. Refrigerate, covered, until serving time.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In flat, shallow dish, stir together oil, melted margarine, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt.
- Add oats, stirring until evenly moistened.
- In second flat, shallow dish, beat egg and water with fork until frothy. Dip chicken into combined egg and water, then coat completely in seasoned oats. Place chicken on foil-lined baking sheet. Pat any extra oat mixture onto top of chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and oat coating is golden brown.
- Serve with Sunshine Salsa. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last