Banana Chocolate Oat Bread
The addition of honey, unsweetened applesauce and overripe bananas makes this oat flour banana bread super moist and flavourful.
- 1 cup Quaker® Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp flaked oats
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease 9- x 5-inch loaf pan; line with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together oat flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce and honey; stir in bananas and vanilla. Fold into flour mixture until combined; fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with flaked oats; bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few crumbs attached. Let cool.