Sparkling Snowflake Cookies
It’s always so nice to watch the first snow fall. Everything slowly gets covered and looks so peaceful. Enjoy a cookie that reminds you how nice the snow can be with these Sparkling Snowflake Cookies. All you need is some Quaker in the ingredients and some sprinkles or candies for decoration.
- 1 package (18.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- Assorted coloured sugars, candy sprinkles, small candies or decorator icings
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, combine half the dry cake mix with butter, egg and vanilla; mix thoroughly with large spoon. Stir in remaining cake mix and oats; mix well.
- Divide dough in half. On well-floured surface, using a well-floured rolling pin, roll each half to no more than 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut dough with 3-inch snowflake or other large holiday cookie cutter. Place about 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- If cookies will be used as tree ornaments, poke a hole at the top of each cookie with drinking straw before baking. (Repeat immediately after baking if hole closes.)
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or just until set (centres may still be soft). Carefully remove to wire rack; cool completely. If desired, decorate cookies.