Soft Molasses Cinnamon Oat Cookies
If a treat isn’t as good as you expect then cinnamon is one of those magical spices that makes things a little better. Apple pie would certainly not be the same without it. Add just the right amount of cinnamon to this recipe and enjoy Soft Molasses Cinnamon Oat Cookies.
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (5-1/3 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2/3 cup cinnamon chips or raisins
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter with electric mixer until creamy. Add oil, molasses and eggs; beat until well combined.
- In separate bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add to creamed mixture; beat until well blended. Stir in oats and cinnamon chips.
- Drop dough by level measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until light brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.