Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins
Mini muffins are always a nice surprise. Muffins are good but there is something eye catching about mini muffins. Add to that the classic taste of a snickerdoodle recipe with some Quaker and you have a fantastic new snack.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottoms only of mini muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- For muffins, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine apple juice, egg, oil and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix)
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle topping evenly over tops of muffins.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.