Savoury Spicy Korean Oats
Want to get out of your average morning routine? This Savoury Spicy Korean Oats will put a delicious twist on your traditional Oatmeal.
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 2 cups Quaker® Gluten-Free Quick Oats
- 1/4 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1/2 tsp gochujang
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Salt, to taste
- For garnish:
- Toasted minced cashews
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
- 4 baby Bok choy, halved
- 1 tsp reduced sodium tamari
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 omega 3 eggs
How to make it
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a medium saucepot and add the ginger, garlic and green onions (reserving a small handful of green onions for garnish). Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the oats and stock, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet pan, add another teaspoon of extra olive oil and the bell peppers, baby bok choy and tamari. Season with a pinch of salt and cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the last teaspoon of oil, and the eggs and cook until the whites are set. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt, gochujang, lime, brown sugar and a pinch of salt.
- To serve, divide the oats between four bowls. Top with the sauteed veggies, cabbage, one egg each, a drizzle of the yogurt sauce, sesame seeds and cashews.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last