Quick & Simple Meatballs
Meatballs are awesome. Kids love to eat them and they even love to help you make them. Either on a bun covered in sauce, in a bowl with spaghetti or even on a toothpick as an appetizer, you can do so much with meatballs. Whichever way you choose, the results will be the same – a room full of smiling faces asking for more.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or green pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine all ingredients; mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on rack in shallow baking pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are to medium doneness (160°F). Serve immediately with sweet and sour glaze, sherried mushroom sauce or your own favourite sauce.