Quick Almond Oat Danish Coffee Cake
Yes, the name is long, but this recipe is “Quick” to prepare. Which is great because once you read the list of mouth-watering ingredients that go into this Quick Almond Oat Danish Coffee Cake recipe, you’ll want to get this perfect end-of-meal snack into the oven and onto your plate as fast as possible.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 5 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute or 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole pitted prunes or mixed dried fruit
How to make it
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or oil lightly.
- In medium bowl combine 1 cup oats and margarine; mix well. Stir in almonds, sugar,1 tablespoon egg substitute and almond extract.
- Turn bread dough out onto lightly floured surface. Roll or pat dough into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread oat mixture in narrow strip down middle; top with prunes.
- On each side of filling, cut 3-inch diagonal slits 2 inches apart. Fold alternating strips of dough over filling to form a braid pattern, pinching ends of strips to seal.
- Transfer to cookie sheet. Cover; let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until almost doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Brush loaf with remaining 1 tablespoon egg substitute; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons oats.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last