Pumpkin Pecan Oatmeal
Wouldn’t it be nice to spice up even a regular day with a little bit of warm, festive cheer? With the crunchy, creamy goodness of pecan pie and the comforting taste of “home for the holidays” only a slice of pumpkin can deliver, Pumpkin Pecan Oatmeal will make you thankful you did.
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- One 8-ounce container vanilla low-fat or non-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted pecans
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, bring water, pie spice and salt (if desired), to a boil; stir in oats. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for large flake oats or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Stir in pumpkin and brown sugar; cook 1 minute. Let stand until desired consistency.
- Spoon oatmeal into four cereal bowls. Top with yogourt and pecans.