Pumpkin-Cranberry Oat Bars
Pumpkin + Cranberry + Quaker Oats = a recipe for a delicious snack.A healthy eating pattern should include whole grains, fruits and vegetables, protein foods, and should limit foods high in sugar, saturated fat, and sodium. Whole grain foods, like oats, are a healthier choice than refined grains because whole grain foods include all parts of the grain. Whole grain foods have more fibre than refined grains.
- 3 cup(s) plus 1 tablespoon Quick Quaker® Oats
- 2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (not pie filling mix)
- Non-nutritive sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten or equivalent refrigerated egg white product
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon(s) pumpkin seeds
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Place 2 cups oats in food processor or blender.
- Process until finely ground.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda to oats.
- Pulse a few times to combine well.
- In large bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetener, canola oil, egg whites and vanilla; stir to mix well.
- Stir in ground oat mixture.
- Add remaining 1 cup oats and cranberries.
- Spread evenly into pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon oats and the pumpkin seeds, pressing lightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 12 bars.
- Store covered at room-temperature up to 2 days.
- Freeze leftovers.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last