Praline Pecan Crunch Snack Mix
Transform oatmeal cereal squares into a bakery style pecan crunch, just like the ones you find in the little ribbon tied bags with a handwritten label. Instead of coating whole pecans with praline, chop the pecans into tiny pieces and add them to the mix first. Then pour a sweet velvety coat over the oatmeal squares. Cereal was never so glamorous.
- 8 cups Quaker® Oatmeal SquaresTM Maple & Brown Sugar Flavour Cereal
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine (70% vegetable oil spread in sticks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
How to make it
- Heat oven to 250°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine cereal and pecans in pan; set aside.
- In 4-cup microwaveable bowl, combine corn syrup sugar and vegetable oil spread. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds or until boiling.
- Stir vanilla and baking soda into mixture. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Spread on baking sheet and cool completely; break into pieces. Store tightly covered.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last