Pineapple Macadamia Oatmeal
Send your taste buds on vacation with the tropical taste of juicy pineapple and the exotic richness of macadamia nuts. When the bowl’s empty you’ll feel like you just came back from paradise.
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits in 100% pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 containers (6 oz. each) vanilla fat-free yogurt*
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
How to make it
- Drain pineapple tidbits reserving juice. Set fruit aside.
- Add enough water to juice to equal 3-1/4 cups. In medium saucepan, bring combined juice and water and salt to a boil. Stir in oats.
- Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for large flake oats or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Stir in reserved pineapple. Let stand covered until desired consistency.
- Spoon yogourt into small bowl. Add ginger; mix well.
- Spoon oatmeal into 5 cereal bowls. Top each serving with brown sugar, nuts and yogourt, dividing evenly.