These golden brown bites of peanut butter perfection will melt in your mouth. This is the peanut butter cookie recipe you’ve always been looking for. Simple, delicious, and unforgettable.
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Granulated sugar
How to make it
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, peanut butter and margarine until creamy. Add water, egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined oats, flour and baking soda; mix well. Cover; chill about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with tines of fork dipped in granulated sugar, forming crisscross pattern.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.