Peanut 'N Jelly Muffin Cake
This recipe is a fun twist on the sandwich classic. Easy enough for your kids to help make, this sticky, creamy and hard-to-resist pairing might just become a family favourite. The test will be when it’s time to dip your finger into the batter bowl only to find out it’s already been licked clean.
- 1/3 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, chunky or creamy
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine or butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Quaker oats (quick or large flake, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine or butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup grape, strawberry or raspberry jelly
- *If using large flake oats, increase flour to 1-2/3 cups.
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9-inch round metal cake pan with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine oats, flour and brown sugar in small bowl.
- Cut in peanut butter and softened margarine with two knives or fingertips until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- For cake, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, melted margarine, egg and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Pour into pan. Spoon jelly by teaspoonfuls randomly over batter. Crumble reserved topping evenly over batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in centre comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Cut into wedges; serve warm.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last