Peanut Butter 'N' Jelly Cookie-Wiches
Who says peanut butter and jelly is just for sandwiches? This recipe captures the classic combo in cookie form. Sweet jelly between two peanut butter infused oatmeal cookies. Enjoy as an afterschool snack over a glass of cold milk.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-sugar grape jelly or strawberry preserves
How to make it
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter and peanut butter with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. In separate bowl, combine oats, whole-wheat flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add to creamed mixture; mix until well blended.
- Divide dough in half. Form each half into a square-shaped log 1-1/2 inches wide and about 10 inches long. Wrap each log airtight in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unwrap dough and slice with serrated knife into 1/4-inch thick squares. (Note: If dough crumbles when slicing, let stand at room temperature for a few minutes.) Place about 1 inch apart on cookie sheets; reshape edges with fingertips, if necessary.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire racks; cool completely. Store tightly covered.
- Up to 3 hours before serving, spread one cookie with 3/4 teaspoon jelly or preserves; top with second plain cookie to form sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies and jelly.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last