Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Combine peanut butter and chocolate with vanilla and add them to a Quaker Oatmeal cookie recipe, you get a treat guaranteed to bring smiles to faces. The entire recipe only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish so you can always whip up another batch when they’re done.
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (not reduced-fat)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- One 9-ounce package miniature peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped, cut into halves or quarters (about 35 candies)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, margarine and peanut butter until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add oats and candy; mix well.
- Drop dough by level 1/4 cup portions 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are slightly firm to the touch. (Do not overbake.)
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.