PB & J Treats
When it’s time to get your snack on, it’s time to enjoy these jam-filled peanutty treats. Not only are they easy to make, but you can also swap out strawberry, grape or apricot jam for another favourite. So get creative and create an entire selection of multi-flavoured treats everyone is sure to love.
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup seedless strawberry jam, Concord grape jam or apricot preserves
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil so foil extends beyond edges of pan. Spray foil with vegetable oil spray.
- In mixing bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar, soda, and melted butter; mix well. Reserve 1 cup of mixture for topping; set aside. Add peanut butter to remaining mixture; blend well. Press peanut butter mixture evenly into bottom of pan.
- Spread jam evenly over base. Combine peanuts with reserved topping mixture in small bowl. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over jam. Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Transfer to wire rack; cool completely. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours until set. Cut into bars.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last