Pat-A-Cake Oatmeal Cookies with Sprinkle Dip
Kids love helping out in the kitchen. Especially baking. They get to mix, shake, sprinkle, shape and oh yes, pat. It’s like playing in a big delicious sandbox where you get to eat everything you make. But this recipe takes the yummy factor one-step further because once the cookies are done they’re ready to be dunked into a bowl of homemade whipped frosting dip. No wonder kids love baking.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- One 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup multicoloured sprinkles
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 large cookie sheets.
- For cookies, beat margarine and sugar in large bowl, until creamy. Add water and vanilla; beat well. Add combined oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Spoon half of dough onto 1 cookie sheet. With lightly floured hands, pat into a 10 x 12-inch rectangle (about 1/8-inch thick). Repeat with remaining dough and second cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Rotating cookie sheets after 5 minutes. Immediately cut each rectangle into 24 pieces. Remove pieces to wire rack; cool completely.
- For dip, combine ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Serve with cookies. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.