Oatmeal Toaster Waffles
To save time on those busy mornings, these waffles can be made ahead and frozen, then popped into the toaster as part of a complete breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Quaker® Regular Instant Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all‑purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh blueberries, raspberries or strawberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
How to make it
- In bowl, whisk together flour, oatmeal, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and melted butter; whisk into flour mixture until smooth.
- Heat and grease waffle iron. Cook waffles, using scant cupful of batter at a time, according to manufacturer’s instructions. Let cool completely on rack.
- Stack waffles between pieces of parchment paper; freeze in resealable plastic bag or airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- To reheat: Toast frozen waffles in toaster until golden and heated through. Serve with berries and maple syrup.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last