Oatmeal Herb Bread
Impress your family and more importantly yourself, with this simple yet elegant herbed bread as the perfect accompaniment to any meal at any time. Best of all, you know exactly what goes into it.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons quick-rising yeast
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend or dried dill weed
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (preferably olive oil
How to make it
- Bring all refrigerated ingredients to room temperature by letting them stand on counter about 30 minutes.
- Place yeast in bread machine pan according to directions in manual. In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, cheese, sugar, salt and Italian seasoning; mix well. In separate bowl, combine buttermilk and oil; mix well.
- Place dry ingredients and buttermilk mixture in bread machine pan according to manual. Select white bread and light crust settings. Remove bread from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.