Oatmeal Chipper Skillet Cookie
Go nuts and make a cookie into a dessert pizza for your child’s birthday. You probably shouldn’t spin it in the air when you do, but feel free to add toppings and slice it any way you want. Everyone loves cookies and this will definitely get people smiling.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping or Chocolate Syrup (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Press dough evenly into bottom of 10-inch non-stick ovenproof skillet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned. (Do not overbake as cookie will continue to bake after it is removed from oven.)
- Cool about 10 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve with ice cream and, if desired, caramel topping.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last