A springtime brunch favourite – with a twist! We’ve replaced the traditional bacon and English muffin with spears of asparagus and creamy oatmeal cooked with fresh herbs.
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups Quaker® Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats
- 1 cup shredded aged Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or parsley
- 12 spears asparagus, trimmed
- 6 poached eggs
- Hollandaise Sauce:
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make it
- In large saucepan, bring water and salt to boil; stir in oats. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until oats are desired consistency. Stir in cheese and chives.
- Meanwhile, in pot of boiling salted water, cook asparagus for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain and refresh under cold water.
- Hollandaise Sauce: Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until melted and bubbling. In blender, purée yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and mustard; add butter in slow, steady stream with motor running. Season with salt.
- Divide oatmeal among 6 plates. Top each serving with two asparagus spears and poached egg; spoon Hollandaise Sauce over top.
- Tip: To Poach an Egg: Fill a saucepan with enough water to come about 6 inches up side. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) vinegar and bring to boil. Crack egg into small bowl; slip gently into boiling water. Reduce heat to simmer; poach eggs for 3 or 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove each egg with slotted spoon.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last