Featuring flavourful Indian spices, this delicious and savoury dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Oat Flour or Gluten-Free Quick Oats
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- ¾ cup hot water
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- ½ tsp kosher salt
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl combine oat flour or blended gluten free oats*, chickpea flour, cumin seeds, kasoori methi, salt and combine ingredients. Gradually add hot water and combine with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once combined, cover and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Once rested oil hands and knead the dough until it forms a ball.
- On an oat floured surface divide dough into 4-6 portions depending on the desired size of roti and flatten each piece into a flat disc.
- Roll out roti until thin and cook on a medium-high heat tawa or large non-stick pan.
- Cook the first side for 10-15 seconds then flip and oil, repeat the same process until both sides become lightly golden brown. Remove and serve warm.
*If using Gluten-Free Quick Oats, add Gluten-Free Quick Oats to a blender and process until it becomes a fine powder. Sieve the oats to remove any large pieces and reserve ¼ cup for dusting.