Lemon Oat Flour Cake
This moist and tender single-layer cake is easy to make and doesn’t require a mixer or specialty baking tools beyond a cake pan, a bowl, and a whisk. It can be enjoyed as a sweet treat on its own, or you can dress it up with seasonal fruit for a special springtime dessert.
- 1 cup Quaker® Oat Flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% fat or higher)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- Icing sugar, for dusting
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan; line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and citrus zest. Add the yogurt, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract (optional) and whisk until combined.
- Add the Quaker® Oat Flour, almonds, baking powder and salt and whisk until combined and no lumps are visible. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a tester inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes, then tip out onto the rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar before slicing to serve. The cake will keep, well-wrapped, at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last