Oat-Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker® Large Flake Oats
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 lb. chicken tenders (about 8 - 12)
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place Quaker® Oats, paprika, garlic powder, cumin and salt in a blender or food processor. Pulse at medium setting until combined and oats are slightly chopped (roughly 4 pulses).
- In a flat, shallow dish, stir together oil, melted margarine and oat mixture, stirring until evenly moistened.
- In a second flat, shallow dish, beat egg and water with fork until frothy.
- Dip chicken into combined egg and water, then coat completely in seasoned oats.
- Place chicken on foil-lined baking sheet. Pat any extra oat mixture onto top of chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and oat coating is golden brown. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.