Okay, so it’s your turn to bring the snacks. Happens all the time. Maybe they’re for your kid’s class or hockey practice or maybe you need something for a bake sale. Of course you might just want to surprise your co-workers at the office – which is really sweet of you by the way. But whatever the reason, you still don’t want to spend all night making them. Luckily you don’t have to. Not when you make our incredibly indulgent Not-So-Sinful Brownies.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 squares (3 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 egg whites or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large saucepan, heat oil and chocolate over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Stir in granulated sugar and applesauce until sugar is dissolved. Stir in egg whites and vanilla until completely blended.
- Add combined oats, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Spread evenly into pan.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.